Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, June 27, 2010 (10:05 p.m. Philadelphia time)

What a day! Finally got to sleep on the second leg of the trip because (phew!) I did find my Xanax. I really need to buy a toothbrush... wonder where I can go at this time of night. Will I have to wait until tomorrow? ICK. Don't even have any mouthwash. TMI, huh? ICK.

We ate at Buca di Beppo: salad, rotoni with meat sauce, fettucini Alfredo, and Parmesean chicken, all followed by cheesecake!!! Wooohooo! What a great meal. (Really need a toothbrush.)

After eating, we were taken by bus to Temple University, which hosts people other than students during the off-school season. Saw a couple of really historic buildings on the way here; didn't have my camera, but I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Temple University has a few really awesome people working here in the off season; they set up the computers for us to use. They have no WiFi (unless you are a student). I've never been in an actual dorm before, so it was an eye-opening experience for me. How do the kids do it? There's no light in the room! They have little single foam mattresses to sleep on! I guess they have to decorate with their own stuff -- like they sell at Target! I remember all those Target commercials for kids leaving for college on their own. Now I know what they mean!

Gonna go try out that foam mattress for myself. Let me know if you've ever been in a dorm before. Can you relate? Tell me your experiences. Talk to me, people. My loyal followers...

No comments:

Post a Comment