Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, June 27, 2010 (7:41 a.m.)

So it begins. No sleep last night, yet I cannot sleep on the plane. Listening to the Eagles. Thought maybe I was just hungry, but no. They served us breakfast! Yea, it was just cereal, but it filled the tummy. Just try sleeping on a plane without a pillow! I dare you. Double dare. Unless, of course, you go first class. Like that’d ever happen. Right.

The sun is shining into the plane, especially on my side. I got a window seat, but the shade is down (way too sunny right now). So you know how you just know you forgot something as you’re on your way to the airport? Yea. Well. I forgot my toothbrush. And my sunglasses. I can only hope I didn’t forget my Xanax. Pretty sure I put them in the carry on. I’ll look when we change planes. Those last few minutes before you leave the house. There should be a button you can push to just stop time. Just stop it for a few minutes, just so you can gather your stuff, and not be rushed.

You know you always use your toothbrush right before you leave, and well, sunglasses – at 4 in the morning? Not thinking of them. I took a ride to the Harley Davidson in Folsom yesterday, and they were in my Sportster 1200 saddle bags. The very thoughtful service guys there checked my oil and tire pressure, tightened up my loose ignition, and even cleaned the windshield and gas tank. They are amazing!

Good news! The district paid us per diem! Of course, it isn’t enough to buy a good dinner for two, but hey – it is Sac City Unified, and we are in an economic crisis. Besides, three (very long) days before payday… whatever it is, is much more than I have now. And now I can buy a toothbrush! Whoohoo! (But please, keep those donations coming, folks.)

To my (now six) followers, I would like to say – well, thanks. And keep following. I love to lead. And I love to be in control. I am a teacher, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment