Friday, July 2, 2010

The Day of the Fan









Ever drink too much and wake up really early -- like 6 a.m.? You feel kinda whoozy (yes, you know the feeling), head kinda spinning, feeling not hungry at all, icky -- why didn't I brush my teeth??? So you know how I felt this morning. As I was typing the blog this morning. Trying to eat, but nah, nevermind. Back up to the room after writing the blog. Wander around the room, not knowing really what to do. What to do. What to do. Holding on to the table so I don't spin. Ick. Best thing to do? Take a shower.

After the shower, I did feel much better. By then it was about 10:30ish, so I went back downstairs (did I mention I'm on the 17th floor? Yes, that's right!) I ask the people at the desk about getting to Heinz Field -- is there a shuttle. She calls me a taxi. I take myself, my CC, my ID, my phone. Pay for the ride ($18!!!) with my CC; everything is cool. Get to the field -- I'M SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAM!

The ATM machine is broken. Did I mention I didn't bring cash? Run to the closest ATM -- I only have 10 minutes to work with. I make it in time. I'M SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAM!
After I pay, I talk to the man in charge ("over there, the one with the white shirt, ask him, he's in charge of everything"). So I'm a teacher... can you relate to this? I ask for 33 pencils (instead of the ONE he's going to give me). He gives them to me. He was so sweet. Even got me a bag to put them in! I'M SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAM!

I'm in a place I've dreamed of for years. Where do you want to go? Where do you dream of? Heinz Field is one of those places for me. I had to call someone. Had to scream into the phone. First two people -- no answer. Then Rachel (who's joining me here tomorrow) finally answers. I get to SCREAM to her!!! I'M AT HEINZ FIELD! Poor Rachel. Thank goodness she's joining me. She needs to reel me in. I'm out of control....

I am seriously having the most fun I have ever had -- in my entire life.

I think I need to stop here for now. Keep ya hangin. Pictures to come. I'm seriously SO tired. Want to post this so you can get a flavor for the beginning of the day. The rest of the day was filled with making friends and being a serious fan. Thus, the Day of the Fan. Promise to finish in the morning. Hope to get to M, Tu, Wed soon... Sorry. Soon, I promise.

SCREAM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment